The Old Man Emu suspension range incorporates more than just 4×4 shock absorbers and springs. To deliver the best ride quality, complete suspension systems are engineered for integration at the highest level complete with bushings, U-bolts, center bolts, spring liners, trim packers, and suspension fitting kits.
Each Old Man Emu suspension system is precisely designed and engineered to work alongside the vehicle’s factory components. Thus, when selecting an Old Man Emu suspension to upgrade your ride, it is important to understand which parts are required or optional.
Which Old Man Emu suspension system is best for you? Read the guide >>
Now that you have chosen and ordered your Old Man Emu suspension system, the following will take you through the installation process.
After the suspension has been installed and the vehicle is returned to the ground, check the following and adjust as needed.
- Shackle Angles: Ensure they are at least five degrees forward on both the front and rear shackles.
- Trim: Measure each corner and ensure the vehicle is within 10mm from the left to right. Install trim packers if needed.
- Road test: Check brake performance, steering response, ride quality, and vibrations.
- All Wheel Alignment: An alignment must be done ensuring vehicle specifications are within the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Headlight Alignment: Your vehicle’s headlights will now aim slightly higher. Adjust back to the factory height
- Visually check all components of the suspension for damage or premature wear.
- Physically check and re-torque all bolts and nuts that were removed or loosened to fit the suspension.
- Ensure that nothing is contacting brake lines, sway bars, shocks, struts, springs, driveshaft, etc.
- Check vehicle heights as the suspension will settle. In general, up to 10mm is acceptable unless additional weight has been added to the vehicle.
For more information please reference the Old Man Emu Guide, contact an ARB Retailer, or browse the online knowledge base.